Touching Nose, Mouth or Eyes while speaking: This is one of the primary signs of deception that criminal justice interviewers, infidelity private investigator and body language specialists look for when routing out deceit. Touching the face body language can be a dead give away. We touch a hand to one of these areas when feeling stressed during speech, which is a big clue that someone is lying. A person may also grab at their earlobe in a similar display of deception in what is called the “hear no evil” gesture.
Resting Head on Hand: Here’s a gesture of touching the face body language you certainly don’t need a degree in body language to understand. This body language gesture is a sure sign that someone is either bored or tired.
- Body Language Neck: Touching the neck, hiding it + more
- Men don’t touch one another. Women touch each other all the time as they feel very close to one another and are used to expressing emotions, but men generally only touch one another when shaking hands. If you see two guys touching at other times it likely means they are either together or that something very serious has happened (for instance, a guy might hug a friend if his friend has lost a family member).
- Most men are simply not as expressive as women. This isn’t because they don’t want to be or because they think it’s not cool to show emotions, it’s really just a simple evolutionary fact: men have evolved to hide their emotions. That doesn’t mean they don’t feel emotions though, it just means they don’t show them as much as women.
- The above rule doesn’t apply to all men, however. Anyone who’s met me or other artistic types will attest for how expressive we are (having been an actor for many years the expressiveness I show on stage naturally bleeds over into real life and the same is true for others in artistic fields). Still, most men are not expressive, and that means that any time they do show a clear emotion, they’re almost certainly experiencing that emotion very strongly.
- Any time a man does show emotion, he will likely try and cover it up soon after. For instance, one thing a shy guy might do is to flash his eyebrows at a girl he likes, then suddenly look the other way or cover a part of his face with a hand in order to hide his emotions.
- Touch either his mouth, nose or an eye
- Fold his arms over his chest
- Look away
- Tighten his smile (his lips will appear narrower)
- Busy himself with his phone
- Take a sip from his drink (this in done in order to hide his face behind the glass).
- Pretend to be taking something from his pockets (this is in order to hide the hands, which are one of the most expressive parts of the body)
- Taking up space as though he were a gorilla. Confident men will occupy space comfortably, whereas an “alpha male wannabe” will intentionally try and fill as much space as they can, to the point of looking comical.
- He holds his chin up to an unnatural degree. Holding the chin up is a sign of confidence, but holding it too high indicates arrogance, and holding it even higher still simply shows that a man is trying to act like he’s “all that”
- Holds his hands behind his back: This is one of the alpha male body language gestures started by people who actually have no clue about body language. The idea is that holding your hands behind your back is a sign of confidence. Unfortunately, this is wrong. Holding your hands behind your back is actually a sign of arrogance and is pompous. Either way, if a guy is walking around with his hands held behind his back, he’s trying hard to look like he’s above everyone else or, worse, he genuinely believes it. This is also a closed off sigh which suggests the man making it does not which to be approached.
- Sitting or standing with your back to a wall: I’m not even sure how this one got started, but the idea is that standing or sitting with your back to the wall is a sign of being alpha. It’s not. Putting your back to a wall is actually a sign of defensiveness (he’s making sure no one can approach from behind him). A truly confident person doesn’t mind being right in the middle of a room where everyone can see him and where he can be approached from any angle.
Discover the body language of necks.
Marilyn Monroe is the ultimate celebrity for a body language example of the little-girl come-on women use to wrap men around their little finger.
Discover the secrets of body language in touching arms when flirting and when asking for something
What is the meaning in body language of touching hair? Find out here.
We’ve given away literally thousands of body language tips here on Arolemodel.com. Cutting them down to the ten best is no easy task, but in my personal experience, these are the ten best body language tips that you can use right now
You need to know how to spot deceptive body language. The following list of deceptive body language signs will solve the problem for you.
Our Hands our are greatest tools, but by learning to master the body language of hands they’ll be your biggest communications weapon too!
Gain confidence and learn how to overcome shyness through the secrets of body language
Discover the secrets of body language touching lips meaning
Leaders: save money time and stress by discovering these three body language secrets
New to Body Language? These ten very popular body language gestures will serve as an excellent introduction to one of the most important part of communication.
Want to know if you are showing nervous body language? Simply check yourself for the following body language nervous gestures.
Want to know if you are showing uncomfortable body language? Simply check yourself for the following body language uncomfortable gestures.
How to Use the Language of Arms to Understand People and Get What you Want
Discover the meaning of hair twirling body language communicates.
This positive body language makeover will make you look calm, confident, composed, trustworthy and friendly.
How do you know whether they really love you? Discover the truth by reading the secrets of the body language of love
There’s a new body language decoder app on the market, but can an app really cover the complexity of body language?
Need to know how a guy feels about you? Discover the truth of his feelings with this “Does he like me” body language guide
The meaning of body language covering mouth
We men are so weird! Why can’t we just say what we mean and show our feelings as clearly as women? Urgghhhh. . . if only there were some body language guy to reveal the important signs of male body language. . . oh. . . wait. . .
Ways in which Male Body language is different to Female Body Language
Male body language when hiding emotions
When a man shows a clear emotion, he might feel silly or weak for doing so and try to cover it up. He will cover it up in the following ways:
“Alpha” Male: How insecure men try to act dominant
A lot of men at the moment seem obsessed with the idea of “alpha males.” They want to act like they’re above other guys. Urgghhhh. . . If you see a guy doing the following things, he’s trying to act alpha as opposed to being himself (which is what he would be if he were genuinely confident)
If you see a man doing the above things, he is trying very hard to be an alpha male. In other words, he doesn’t have the confidence to simply be himself. This is the kind of guy who will be more interested in talking to you in clichéd lines that they’ve read in a book or online than they are in actually being honest and genuine with you.
Being able to correctly read body language is a skill that can empower you to realise the full potential of your personal and professional life. Discover how to do it here.
Discover the meanings of body language of shoulders, hand on shoulder and more
Each of us have a unique and beautiful smile, but there are five archetypal types of smile that are regularly seen throughout the world. By understanding these five types of smile, you gain a valuable insight into exactly what someone is thinking and feeling, which can go a long way towards improving your communication skills.
Learn to use the body language of smiles, one of the greatest communication tools you’ll ever own