How can you tell if a shy guy likes you?
It’s difficult. Trust me. As a guy who spent 15 years of his life so shy I couldn’t talk to a single solitary soul, I know precisely how hard it is to start a relationship with a shy guy (both from the shy guy’s point of view and from the girl’s point of view).
It’s not easy. But with this complete guide you’ll discover the best way to tell if a shy guy likes you, along with some great tips for starting a relationship with Mr Shy.
How to tell if a shy guy likes you
1. Don’t outright ask him or his friends: First thing’s first; the wrong way how to tell if a shy guy likes you is to ask him or his friends. Shy guys aren’t comfortable about sharing their feelings, or about the idea of other people knowing about their feelings. This means you can’t just outright ask a shy guy if he likes you. Doing so will make him feel uncomfortable and will likely lead to him to becoming even shyer.
You also cannot ask his friends. Privacy is very important to shy guys. If he finds out that you’ve been asking about him behind his back (whether your intentions are good or not) he’ll likely be offended.
2. Watch the shy guy’s body language: Let’s get real. Your shy guy isn’t going to SAY he likes he. He just wont. The very idea of telling you how he feels is terrifying to him. But just because he wont TALK about his feelings, doesn’t mean he wont show them. Watch his body language and look for signs of attraction.
3. Compare how he acts around you to other people: If a shy guy likes you he will act differently around you than he does around other people. You might find that when you’re around he becomes more nervous, quieter, irritable etc. If he treats you differently to how he treats everyone else, he feels differently about you and probably does like you.
4. Does he look at you a lot? The easiest way to tell if a shy guy likes you is to be aware of how often he’s looking at you. Because shy guys feel unable to express themselves openly, they choose rather to admire you secretly. If a shy guys likes you he will steal glances at you. And when he looks at you, it’s important not to make a big deal out of it. Just smile back at him in a friendly, casual way.
5. Does he never look at you? Shy guys can be so shy that they simply cannot look at a person they like. To the shy guy, you’re not gorgeous girl that he wants to stare at all day, you’re a threat. He loves looking at you, but he also shakes in his boots every time he does. He’s worried about you finding out his feelings.
When I was extremely shy (many years ago) I would actively try to convince any girl I liked that I wasn’t into her. I couldn’t get any dates ever because as soon as anyone even suggested that they knew I liked them, I’d run a mile. I was terrified.
The first time I actually told a girl that I liked her, I was so nervous my hands were sweating profusely. Gross, right? No wonder she said no. Ha!
Thankfully I’ve come a long way since then. But the point is this: never make a big deal about a shy guy’s feelings. Try to make them feel as comfortable as possible in all situations.