The following ten tips for confident body language for women are fundamentals to strong body language. these confident body language for women gestures are taught in offline and online finishing schools, in performing arts degrees and other areas where image is of particular importance and can be seen in celebrities, sports stars and models. With these confident body language for women you’ll be communicating an image of success, positivity, health and, yes, confidence in no time.
Confident Body Language for Women
- Keep your hands away from your face and hair
- Hold your hands relaxed at your side rather than in your pockets
- Keep your chin either parallel to the ground or slightly up. Do not let it drop as this is a sign of insecurity.
- To show dominance (particularly at work) hold your hands on both hips while standing tall
- Stand with your feet hip width apart rather than crossed.
- Don’t cross your arms over your body or cover your body up with any other object
- Do not dart your eyes about but rather slow your gaze down. A gaze is a powerful indicator of strength. Focus your gaze and cut out any erratic darting eye movements.
- Speak slowly and with control. If you need to think, do not “Ummm” and “Ahhh” or mutter “like” or “I mean.” Just take a breath, think of what you want to say and say it.
- Smile enough to show that you are friendly but do not overdo it as smiling is also a sign of submissiveness.
- When sitting, place your feet comfortably in front of you, not under a chair and not with the ankles locked, and refrain from any fidgeting.
Be sure to evise this list of confident body language for women so that you can make use of it when you need it the most!