Reading Body Language Flirting Signs
Many websites and writers would have you believe that body language can be read like a dictionary, that one gesture, like raised eyebrows, means one thing, possibly that a person is attracted to you. This is little more than a pop fad, though. In reality, body language works subtly, and if you truly want to know how to read body language flirting signs, then you need to know the correct process. Let’s cover the all important mentality and approach to flirting and body language before revealing specific gestures and interpretations.
How to Read Body language Flirting Signs
A lot of people make fundamental mistakes when reading body language flirting signs. To start reading body language flirting signs correctly, make sure you:
- Are impartial. If you are too fixed on proving that a girl or guy is attracted to you, you’ll start to deceive yourself into interpreting their body language flirting signs incorrectly.
- Aren’t rushing: Don’t believe the hype that one body language sign has one meaning. Remember, body language is like speaking. You have words, sentences and paragraphs. Don’t make the mistake of noticing a single body language word and taking it to mean the world.
- Aren’t emotional: our emotions mess with our rational mind. Being upset or overjoyed will sway the way you interpret an individual’s body language. Try to be clam and relaxed when speaking to someone so you know that your own emotions aren’t deceiving you.
Great, so you know what not to do and the negatives are out the way. Let’s get to the good stuff now as we look at how to read body language flirting signs
How to Read Body Language Flirting Signs Correctly.
- Baseline: When you baseline an individual, you’re looking to see how they behave at normal times. Get an idea of how a person moves and gestures, how much they smile or frown, how expressive their face is and how close they generally stand to people. Do this when you’re not talking to them. This way, you’ll know when they change their body language, which is the clue to successfully interpreting how they feel about you. For instance, if they smile to everyone then smile at you, it doesn’t mean a lot, but if they hardly ever smile then give you a big beaming grin, it’s a fair assumption they like you.
- You had me at “Hello” : You start reading someone the moment you say hello to them and to successfully read someone, you must be aware at all times. You can’t just switch on and off as you choose, you have to be aware of them the whole time, otherwise you’ll miss vital clues about their feelings.
- Breaks: If you stop speaking, or if the other person moves away, don’t use this as a break from reading them. Often, it’s when someone moves away from us that we get our best glimpse at their real feelings as this is the time when they relax and let their guard down, which is when they will express more.
- Look for clusters: We discussed before how no one gesture has a singular meaning. The key to reading someone is to look for clusters. For instance, if they smile, that’s one positive sign but it means little by itself. If, however, they smile while leaning forward while reaching their hand a little toward you and turning their belly button to face you, that means a heck of a lot!
- Offer something of yourself: If you really want to read body language flirting signs correctly, you’re going to have to make them open up to you. Tell them something personal about yourself so they know they can trust you, then they’ll relax and start to be more expressive, making it a lot easier for you to read them.
- Game Changer: Just because a girl or guy appears to like you one moment, doesn’t mean they won’t appear to not like you a few moments later (or vice versa). The point is: never stick too firmly to your read. Be flexible. If someone appears to like you one moment then doesn’t the next, obviously something happened to change the way they’re feeling. Recognise this, work out what it was they didn’t like, then change your approach to accommodate.
This is the best way to approach reading body language flirting signs. The biggest mistake novice readers make is to take short cuts or too eagerly look for what they want as opposed to seeing the truth. Stick to these pointers and you’ll be certain to succeed!
Note: If you use an online dating website make sure to video call before meeting up with the other person. That way you can watch their body language and will instantly learn a lot about them. The psychology of love proves that internet dating online is very limited in terms of what you can actually learn about a person. When you can only see their words you miss a great deal!