- The Top Ten Nervous Body Language Signs
- Body Language Hands in Pockets
- Shy Guy Body Language and Shy Girl Body Language | Shy Dating Site Advice
- Playing with Wedding Ring Body Language | Need A Good Divorce Lawyer. . . ? NO!
- Body Language in different cultures
- Intimidating Body Language | Body Language in Business and Dating
Teaching and Body Language in the Classroom
Body language in the classroom is extremely important for understanding the mood of students and for controlling the class. We’ve covered ways to read body language has been covered in our articles here, so let’s take a look at some ways teachers can use to help with controlling the classroom.
Gesture with your hands: Gesturing with your hands helps you to think more clearly and also helps listeners to understand you better.
Smile: Everyone loves a smile, and in the positive.in the classroom, smiling is especially important to help keep the mood
Good posture and general good body language is of course important for gaining respect and authority.
Naturally, body language in the classroom should avoid nervous gestures like fiddling at all costs.
Body Language in the Classroom Tricks
- Stand at the door to welcome pupils when they arrive. Stand almost in the door so students have to slow down and enter in a civilized fashion.
- If students are already in the classroom, be sure to enter confidently and greet the class with a loud and clear voice.
- The desk forms a barrier between teacher and class, so use the floor space when communicating. Moving around the class occasionally will keep students on their toes.
- An expressive face helps communication. The teacher’s should be economical, not using so much expression that they appear theatrical, but enough to appear engaged. Use eye contact with each pupil to reaffirm the teacher student relationship.
- Rather than telling students off in front of their peers, approach the student and speak softly about the consequences of their action. Yelling shows a lack of control where addressing issues with calm and composure shows great strength which will establish respect and authority.
- Keep your cross your arms in front of your body. Respect the student’s personal space. open. Do not
Making use of thesein the classroom tips will help establish and maintain a relationship between teacher and class.
This entry was posted in Learn How to Read Body Language and How to Use Good Body Language and tagged Body Language Course Online, work. Bookmark the permalink.