Will Games Like Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends and Epic Mickey Make Wii U A Hit?
On the previous page we discussed how the Nintendo Wii U could make or break gaming’s greatest ever company. This makes the console an extremely important part of the history of video games. Nintendo could cement themselves as the undisputed champions of gaming, or they could see a big “Game Over” screen. With games like Epic Mickey The Power of Two, Rayman Legends and Nintendo Land, does the Wii U have what it takes to be a hit?
In a series of interviews with Games industry International, key analysts of the video game industry revealed their thoughts on Nintendo’s Wii U.
- Michael Pacther of Wedbush Securities believes the Wii U will be a success and will be sold out through to March 2013. He cites excellent third party support and a killer launch line-up as the Wii U’s strongest points. He also comments that the Wii U will likely take a price cut before holiday 2013.
- Sterne Agee was likewise impressed with the Wii U’s launch line-up and believe the console will sell a million units in North America over the holiday season. This would match the Wii’s success in 2006.
- DFC Intelligence think the price might be a little high and require a price cut within the first twelve months of the Wii U’s life.
- EEDAR Video Game Research and Consulting found the lauch price to be about right but commented that the launch line-up lacked depth.
- RW Baird stated that the Wii U could have a strong holiday season but that the console is not “killer”.
Will the Nintendo Wii U be Nintendo’s saviour? Keep track of this important time in Nintendo’s history with us on ARoleModel Lifestyle’s Facebook page.